When I was a beginner the first sweet I ever made was carrot halwa. It was a huge hit !! This is how I make it.
Carrots -- 3 big, grated
Milk-- 1/2 litre
Sugar-- 1/2 cup
Clarified Butter/Ghee-- 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts about 7-9 (halved)
Raisins-- about 10
Cardamom powder -- 1.5 tsps
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- Heat a pan on low heat. Add in the clarified butter/ghee. Now add the grated carrot. Fry it for about 35-40 seconds.
- Now add in the milk and bring it to a rolling boil. Once the milk boils add in the sugar.
- Cook on medium heat until the milk thickens.
- When the clarified butter/ ghee starts separating, add in the cardamom powder and raisins. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Decorate with cashew-nuts!