This is my first post. Just thought I will try my hand in blogging. So as of Alu Bhindi masala, I have never tasted this before. One day me and my hubby went to a restaurant. I first tasted this recipe there and totally fell in love with it. The food was simply awesome,so wanted to recreate the same dish in my Adighe Mane !!
Here is my version of this recipe :
Approx 10-15 Lady's finger/Bhindi/Okra -- Chopped
Potatoes - 2 big, boiled and chopped lengthwise
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder- 1 tsp
Oil -- for frying
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan/tawa. Once hot add in the potatoes and fry for about a minute.
- Mix in the salt,turmeric powder,red chili powder and garam masala powder to it.
- Allow it to roast a bit on low heat for a while, say about 10 minutes and switch off
- Meanwhile heat about a teaspoon of oil , add in the cut okra to it in a separate pan
- Cook on low heat till the okra becomes soft. Add only salt to the okra.
- Now mix in the cooked potato pieces with the okra mixture.
- Cook it for a while and switch off
- It goes well with Pulav/Roti's/Pooris