Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A page from my sketchbook..............

Title: Fear is a Liar
Medium: Mixed media



 The  painting above  is a mixed media painting. I first added " Golden Acrylic Gel"  ( Heavy gel) with a pallet knife to give it some texture. Then I  created an abstract cat with a pen before the gel dries. It generally takes 10-15 minutes to dry. I also stamped on with a doily, water bottle lids to add more texture before it dries.  ( You need to work quickly as it will dry , so gather  all your supplies you need before you begin)  After about 6-7 hours it will be dry to the touch. Now  for the fun part,start painting with the colors of your choice  and Ta-da  you have a textured mixed media painting. 

 Thank you for visiting my blog  and always think outside your paintbrushes  :)  

Please visit my blog again

I'm regularly creating tutorials/art tips/art inspiration so please follow my blog to get the latest updates.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment