Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My New Artworks Illustrating Nature

Here are some of my new artworks  illustrating nature.

Title: Two is Company !
Medium: Digital Painting painted using the iPad
Apps used: Procreate

Inspiration for this piece: I recently visited Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary at Pacific Grove, California. I got to learn so much about the migration phenomenon,habitat and life cycle of   these butterflies from a friendly docent . It was an eye opening experience for me as I got to learn so much about these butterflies.  With so much information and reading more online in their website for inspiration I decided to create yet another  digital painting with my favorite exotic tropical plant -- Bird of Paradise ! 

Title: Yellow Tang
Medium: Digital Painting using Photoshop
Inspiration for the above artwork: I was reading an article online  about what fishes work well for setting up an aquarium at home. I looked online for inspiration to get the general anatomy right and painted it digitally using Photoshop. After that just for fun I added more of the yellow tang fishes just in different colors to create harmony and contrast with respect to color.  


Title: Info-graphics on California Sea Lions
Medium: Adobe Illustrator 

I illustrated this Info-graphics about California Sea Lions as a part of a project using Illustrator. Book referenced for Sea lion Facts :  The National Audubon Society Guide to Marine Mammals of the World  by Randell R. Reeves, Brent S. Stewart, Phillip J. Clapham and James A. Powell.

" The Power of Imagination makes Us Infinite"-- John Muir


No comments:

Post a Comment