Feeling Accomplished: There was a call for artists by the Mobile Digital Summit for this show and there were a whooping number of 720 entries from artists all around the world for this. All entries were juried and only top 100 artworks from artists around the world were selected. I made it to the top 100 Mobile Digital Artists from artist's around the world. Results were announced on June 20,2014 (Pacific Std Time).
The Grand Opening of Mobile Digital Art Exhibition will be on August 1st,2014, Friday 5:30pm - 8pm,There will be Fun, Music, Food & Wine, Live iPad painting, FREE entry! All are welcome.
The 2 Day Summit will be on Aug 2nd,2014 ( Saturday) and Aug 3rd,2014 ( Sunday) between 8:30 am to 5.00pm. There will be workshops and masterclasses and it is a paid event. For program info and registration details please visit this link http://www.mdacsummit.org/program.html
Venue: The Exhibition and Summit will be held in the Pacific Art League’s newly renovated historic building at 668 Ramona Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
Jury panel for Mobile Digital Art Exhibition are as follows:
- David Jon Kassen is an internationally recognized contemporary American painter, filmmaker, and philanthropist best known for his life-size representational paintings, which combine figurative subjects with abstract backgrounds or “tromp l’oeil texture studies.
- Kyle Lambert is a British Visual Artist who is known for his digital painting and illustration work created with the iPad and Mac.Kyle's recent photo realistic iPad portrait of Morgan Freeman created an internet sensation. It received over 13 million views on YouTube and continue to attract global media coverage on iPad paintings.
- Susan Murtaugh, is a graduate of the Chicago Academy of Fine Art. She's worked over 40 years in advertising and graphic design, including 25 years as Principal of her own design firm. Her work and tutorials have been featured in Digital Artist Magazine and online. She has curated several international digital art shows, She loves teaching others the joys of mobile digital art.
- Jo Killen has an MA in Art Education from Manhattanville in New York. She brings years of experience in art teaching varying from pottery and sculptor to commercial art as graphic designer, illustrator and art director. She is currently the exhibition chair and president of the Board of Pacific Art League, Palo Alto.
- Corliss Blakely, an established professional artist and seventh generation Vermonter, paints still lifes and landscapes in a classically realist style. Corliss received her formal art training in Boston where she studied at the Vesper George Art School and The Museum School Of Fine Art. Corliss is an internationally recognized artist for her work in several media, including watercolor, oil, and egg tempera. Her paintings hang in collections worldwide. Corliss is one of many professional artists who are embracing the iPad. The iPad lets her create anywhere without the space requirements, supply expenses. and toxic exposure of traditional media.
Note: Information about the Jury panel taken from this website http://www.mdacsummit.org/jury-panel.html
Here is a picture of the painting that made it to the top 100
|Title: The Radiant Star|
Medium: iPad Painting
Apps used: Fractile Plus and Artrage
See you all soon with another creative post soon. Thanks for hopping by.
" A Creative Attitude is the fuel of progress and growth"